Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Try a New Thingy: Episode 1

During Goofy marathon and a half training, nearly every day of the week was filled with a specific workout: short run, cross train (bike or elliptical), tempo run, walk, long run, strength train, rest day. Near the end of training I was starting to long for a day when I could try something different. I joined the Y at the end of November, which contributed to my feelings of workout wanderlust. The long list of group classes, the pool, and ooh, a rowing machine! On lap 34 of the indoor track, anything looked good. I sometimes circled around envious of the lunchtime yoga or spin class. 

It's not that I couldn't do other workouts during marathon training, it was more about how I prioritized my time and not wanting to jeopardize training with something brand new. Today, I had the chance to try something new. 


It's called the Lateral X, and it's an elliptical style workout with more of a side-to-side motion. It was easy to get started and definitely worked my quads, but I had assumed it would give more of a glute workout. The pictures on the machine indicate a few different motions one can do, so maybe I need to do a little research online to see how to optimize it's use for my training. 

Looking forward to my next new cross training day!

No comments:

Post a Comment