Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Throwback Thursday: Dumbo Double Dare 2013 - 10k Day

Since I'm writing this more than a year after the race, I don't have much to write in the recap. But I can say I would love to do these races again. :) I love running through the Florida parks, but Disneyland has some kind of extra special magic for me. 

In the slow lane through Radiator Springs

I love the Red Car Trolley!

These guys had the longest line - at least 10 minutes.

I'm late! I'm late! I'm late!

I really was running late. Despite doing a good speed of run/walk intervals, my character photo stops put me over the official pace of a 16 minute per mile average. This was my first Disney 10k, so I hadn't really thought in advance about how it's difficult to make up the waiting-in-line time over just 6 miles, as compared to the Disney half marathons I've done. Luckily I was never close to being swept, so finishing 3 minutes below pace wasn't an issue.

After finishing, I joined my family for breakfast at Storytellers Cafe. We enjoyed spending most of the day in California Adventure. Princess A spent a lot of time at the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. Later in the afternoon we visited Disneyland. Dinner was at Steakhouse 55 - delicious! It was a fun filled and exhausting day - Princess A even fell asleep before dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment